From Monday 28 December, new restrictions have been placed on Lahti libraries by Päijät-Häme Welfare Group. The restrictions will be valid until 25 January 2021.
The libraries are open and so you can visit any public library in Lahti. Some of the spaces in the libraries have been closed. Staying in the periodicals reading rooms for more than 15 minutes is not allowed. The rooms for recreational activities and the group study rooms in the Main Library have been closed.
There are no self-service hours at the Ahtiala, Jalkaranta, Liipola, Kärpänen and Mukkula branch libraries. That means you cannot enter these libraries with your library card and PIN code before or after the service hours. The branch libraries are open as shown on our website.
For the time being, mobile libraries operate as usual but they can be used by three customers or one family at a time.
You can only visit the libraries during their service hours. Check the opening hours on our website.
• Make your visit short. Do not stay more than 15 minutes.
• You may borrow and return items and go to shelves to select material.
• You may use the public computers. The recommended time limit is 15 minutes.
• You may print, copy and scan necessary documents on the library’s multifunctional device.
• You may borrow magazines but newspapers are not available.
• You may not stay in the library to read newspapers, magazines or books, to study, work or spend your time.
• You are strongly recommended to wear a mask during your stay in the library. Wear a mask unless you have medical reasons not to do so.
• Always use hand sanitizer when you enter the library. Hand sanitizer is available in several places near the entrance doors.
• Avoid physical contact with others and always keep a safe distance (2 meters) from other customers and the staff.
• Use the self-service check-out and return stations.
• Group visits to the library have been cancelled. We try to provide services for schools and day-care centers digitally.